.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Laundry day

Hey, so I started out this evening seeing if I could upload pictures tonight. I was surprised to get the first one up in about five minutes. Then it took me another two hours for the others. It is frustrating to average about one picture an hour. It's a good thing I'm retired and can do other things like washing dishes while I wait. It seems to have a lot to do with my air card Internet connection, and even though my connection monitor shows that I'm connected, apparently it is not always good enough for the picture uploads.
Sunday, is my laundry day and I was able to get that accomplished this morning. With seven different RVs here, it's not always easy to get to the washers and dryers. Today was also the beginning of the last fire arms hunt for this year. The weather was overcast and chilly with a brisk wind out of the north, but I saw at least one deer being put into the cooler.
One of the blogs that I follow has an author that is attempting to take a picture each day for a year straight. She has been at it for almost two months now and I think it is an intriguing goal. I've thought of trying the same thing myself, but find getting pictures up on the blog to be quite challenging. I do enjoy seeing what she takes pictures of, though. Some very ordinary things that we take for granted can be interesting when you stop to look at them. Since many of my pictures have been of birds, it would give me the opportunity to broaden my photographic subjects. Maybe I'll try starting tomorrow, but for today my pictures will be of birds.
I just really enjoy seeing these Roseate Spoonbills.....isn't nature wonderful how species evolve to have adaptations that meet their specific needs.
I have the next two days off, so will pursue things outside of the refuge. Tomorrow, I hope to check off one of the things on my Bucket List...horseback riding on a beach. Then on Tuesday, I may look into buying a new car. Time will tell what happens.
Great Blue Herons (GBH) are quite numerous on the refuge. This one has its neck all tucked in.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

P.S. Sometimes I can't seem to get any spaces between paragraphs...don't know what's up with that.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to have a lot to do with my air card Internet connection, and even though my connection monitor shows that I'm connected, apparently it is not always good enough for the picture uploads.


    หวย-ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete