.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, January 19, 2009

Carless, packing, and dinner out

Yesterday, Crystal began her long circuitous route to Harlingen from Denver. She left before dawn and had plane changes in Phoenix and Houston. Finally, at 4:30, she landed. Originally, she was going to just take the car and head on back, but after the long day she decided to spend the night and leave for Denver this morning. That was probably a much safer decision. We stopped at the I Love You Buffet for dinner and then spent an enjoyable evening catching up and sipping wine.

We were up by 6:30 this morning and Crystal was on the road by 8:00. After she left, Emma calmed down and I tried to call to make reservations at Choke Canyon State Park for Thursday night. I had forgotten that today is a holiday, so their office was closed. I spent the rest of the morning waiting for a call from the shop that is working on the new Focus.

By the afternoon, I decided to start the outside process of packing up. I sorted through the oranges, packed up the BBQ grill and started reorganizing one of the basement storage areas. Last month I had purchased a new outside rocking chair. That meant that one of my other chairs had to go. Living in a motorhome means you have to be very aware of weight and if I get something new, something old has to go to keep the weight under the maximum that is safe for the axles. The chair that I am eliminating has been in my possession for over twenty years, so I don't feel too bad about that.

Most all of the volunteers planned to go out for dinner tonight one last time before a number of us move on in the coming days. We chose to go to Dirty Al's out on South Padre Island which is famous for it's gulf shrimp. Since I still hadn't heard from the shop, I was carless and had to bum a ride with one of the couples. The shrimp was delicious and the place was packed to the "gills." ;)

I will be calling Elliff Motors first thing in the morning to see what the holdup is. They've had the car since Friday and I only have a couple of days until I leave.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment