.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, April 13, 2009

Some days are diamonds, others are stone...

That was a song that John Denver recorded that I like. Well, today was kind of a stone day. I tried calling the Social Security Office again today to try to make an appointment, and once again, all I got was a busy signal. So, I decided to drive the 50 miles to Georgetown and visit the office in person. I took along all of the information and documents that I thought I would need to apply for SS benefits.

Along the way I stopped at a Wells Fargo Bank to cash a personal check that I had been sent as a payment to me. First stone of the day came when I was told that they could not cash the check because of insufficient funds from the sender. Bummer...but I continued on.

After waiting in line for an hour and a half, I was finally able to talk to someone at the Social Security Office. I told her that I wanted to apply for benefits since I would be turning 62 in July. Their website says to apply three months in advance of your eligibility. I had also been told to apply in April by a representative of SS at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque last October. So, I was shocked when the woman said that she would not process my application! She said I had come in way too early, and that I shouldn't apply until June. When I pointed out what I had been told and the info on their website, she just said that it hasn't been updated and it now only takes about two weeks to process the application. GRRRRR..... that was a 100 mile trip that could have been avoided if they would have answered their phone! Stone #2...

The rest of the day went very well, and I was thrilled to hear that my daughter, son-in-law, and grandaughter will be visiting me here at Balcones at the end of the month. One diamond...

I'm thinking I probably won't get any more pictures posted at this location. I'm getting too frustrated trying to get them uploaded.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment