.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, May 8, 2009

Atlanta State Park, Texas

I pulled out of my campsite at Lavon Lake at 9:00 this morning, but had to stop at the dump station to take care of business on the way out. :( The wind was blowing pretty strong for today's trip, but I occasionally had a tail wind when the road would veer north briefly. The 154 mile drive was uneventful (the way I like it), and I made it to Atlanta State Park and to my site by 1:30.

What a pretty park this is! My site is in the piney woods and quite expansive. It's not exactly level, though. It's a good thing I have hydraulic levelers! I'll try to include a picture tomorrow. Putting up the satellite DISH was certainly a challenge, and after a couple of hours, I only have a few of the channels that I like to watch. I may try to tweak it some more tomorrow, although I don't have much of a window to the sky.

The temps today hit 90 and the humidity is about 99%. The sweat was just dripping off of me today while I was setting up camp. Guess I'll be taking a shower tonight. ;) I'll be able to "kill two birds with one stone" in the shower. I keep my tomato plants in the shower when I travel, and plenty of dirty water leaked out of the plant tubs over the rough terrain today.

These travel days fairly wear me out, so tonight I'm just enjoying the AC and watching the couple of stations I can get. Maybe I'll plug in the Waltons to end the day....

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

2 comments:

  1. What's with the tomato plants in the shower? You mean they are full sized plants with tomatoes on them? Hmm. Good thinking. Could you do lettuce in a small planter or spinach? I'm sure fresh veggies are hard to come by in campgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I have two tomato plants in tubs that I put in the shower when I'm driving. Seems to be the safest place for them. I think they're afflicted with something that is blackining their leaves. :(

    ReplyDelete