.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's a rally without rain?

While it was hot and sunny on Sunday, the rains began overnight and didn't let up until mid afternoon today. I'm thinking there is still more rain in the forecast for tomorrow, which could make things very interesting when all these heavy rigs try to pull out on Friday. We are all parked on the grass and already ruts are developing from where people drive their cars and trucks in and out of their sites. I made sure I wore my crocs with no socks last night when I took Emma out, and I'm sure glad I did. The deep puddles were unavoidable on the way to the road and the cold water on the feet certainly woke me up!

I attended several seminars yesterday; one on fishing and one on touring maritime Canada. Joe and Kay Peterson, the founders of Escapees, gave a humorous one hour talk that just about everyone attended. The entertainment for last night was the Brett Family. There are five of them and they gave a song and dance presentation. I didn't stay for the whole performance because the sound was just too loud and hurt my ears, and I was no way near the stage.

I didn't really have any interest in the seminars for today, so I did some grocery shopping in town instead. Then Emma and I just vegged out for the day. A little while ago, I finally got to take her for a decent walk as the rain seems to have quit for the day and the sun is beginning to peak out a little.

Tomorrow I plan to be pretty active at the seminars and am scheduled to be interviewed by Workamper News around 10:30. It should be an interesting day.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment