.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The challenge for the day

It finally stopped raining for the afternoon, and after going to town for my weekly grocery trip, Emma and I spent time outside under the awning. Once the rain stopped, the sun came out and it was like a sauna outside. I opened the awning and about five gallons of water came cascading out.


.
As I was relaxing in my rocker, I noticed some wasps hovering around the side vent for the refrigerator.



Notice that insect in the bottom left hand area.


These are the little buggers that are crawling inside the slats. I took off the cover, and here's what I found:


I guess they're mud wasps. The tubes they build are really quite fascinating, however, I really don't want them building them in my motorhome!

.
So, I propped a cup underneath the nest (?) and chipped away at it with a screwdriver. Most of the mud fell into the cup, so I've thwarted them for the time being. I had found another mud tube yesterday in between two of the outside storage doors, and scraped that one off also. I guess I'll have to check every nook and cranny around the rig.

There's always something to take care of.

.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

2 comments:

  1. You are a horrible person. Where are all those harmless wasps going to live now. I hope they crash into the windows of your bedroom and keep you up all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, that's why I volunteer at National Wildlife Refuges...so I can harass the wildlife! :0

    ReplyDelete