.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, June 8, 2009

Chores

About 4:00 this morning the rain moved in and fell, off and on, for two hours. Just before 8:00, I went to the visitor's center/headquarters for the monthly breakfast on the Monday after First Friday. Good artery clogging eggs, bacon, homemade sausage, and French toast were cooked up by staff and we all enjoyed chowing down and welcoming the five new YCC (Youth Conservation Corps) workers. They were pretty quiet this morning, and one of them remarked that it was pretty early in the morning for him to be awake. Boy, they all look so young! They will get a workout here for the next eight weeks, and maybe, eight won't seem so early to them by the end of it all.

The rest of the day was spent catching up on chores like laundry and cleaning the inside of the rig. Being the only volunteer here gives me plenty of time for thinking about where I'll go when I leave here and what to do next summer. I've kind of decided to not plan to volunteer this coming winter until February. I haven't done that before, so it is a new experience. Possibilities are flying around in my head...maybe I'll spend a month in New Mexico. I could do state parks or stay at an Escapee park. Then maybe I'll go to Arizona for a month and visit some friends. I just don't know yet. Being a planful person, it isn't easy for me to not know what lies ahead this fall and winter. I'm trying to be relaxed about this, but it isn't easy for me. :0

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment