.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday's Blast from the Past...

I know I said I probably wouldn't post today, but I had forgotten that I was planning to do some pictures from places earlier in my journey on Sundays. So, after I did my five week stint at Richmond Lake Recreation Area in South Dakota, I hit the road with a time line of two weeks to get to near the Washington coast.

.
One of my stops along the way was Medicine Rocks State Park in Montana. This park was kind of off of the beaten path (about 25 miles south of US 12). The draw for me was free camping.


Of course that meant no hookups, but it was a beautiful spot and someone had left a great pile of firewood, so I had a nice campfire that night.



There were many sandstone outcroppings that stood quite high and all were shaped by the wind. Stretching to the west of these mounds were the great plains. The Native Americans considered this a place of great medicine. It turned out that I was the only one to camp there that evening.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment