.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, June 19, 2009

Walt Disney Hometown Museum

This morning I headed for Marceline, MO, the home of the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. Walt Disney only lived in Marceline for four years, but for Walt they were memorable, and he always remembered how happy he was there.


The museum charges $5.00 for adults and includes a beginning tour by a volunteer. It is located in the old Santa Fe train depot right next to the very busy train tracks.



I took this picture of Mickey Mouse just before I noticed a sign that said no photos. The exhibits focus on the Disney family and Walt's childhood. On the second floor is a miniature of Disneyland that was made by an artist from Oregon. It is quite detailed and the amount of work that went into constructing it out of ordinary materials is impressive. It takes up an entire room.
.
I missed seeing Walt's Dreaming Tree that he would sit under as a child and let his imagination soar. In the past, it was a huge tree, but now it is barely alive.
I think the trip to Marceline was worth the visit.
.
More thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon and evening. Maybe they will bring the temperature down a little. I plan to spend this evening perusing a new book that I had ordered that arrived today. It's about RV camping at Corps of Engineers Public Recreation Areas. After all, in July, I will be able to purchase a National Parks Senior Pass and one of the perks of the pass will be half price camping at Corps parks.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment