.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A way to help the boredom

On Saturdays, I put in a ten hour day at the visitor's center at the refuge. It would help quite a bit if lots of people visited, but that is simply not the case here. I had a total of eight people today in three different groups, so that means many hours of nothing to do. Every Saturday, I vacuum the place to pass some time and arrange the chairs for Sunday's movie presentation. That takes about 45 minutes, so I'm still left with a lot of down time. I've started bringing my computer along so I can at least play spider solitaire and flip word2, but you can only do so much of that.

Last week, my son, Daniel, signed me up for Net Flix and that may be a real God send. I got my first two movies in the mail earlier this week and saved one of them for today. There is a pull down screen in the visitor's center and a projector and surround sound for the Sunday movies. This afternoon, I popped in "Chariots of Fire" and watched the whole two hour movie without anyone coming in. It's kind of like going to the movie theater, only I, thankfully, have control over the volume. ;) I did put it on pause at one point so I could run outside and take down the flag before the ever-recurring thunderstorms began.

So I'm planning to make good use of those Net Flix movies for the next couple of months! I hope there will be a good crowd for the movie tomorrow and that the weather is conducive to bringing out visitors.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment