.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, June 1, 2009

World's Largest Canada Goose







Boy, it was a hot one today. Temps in the afternoon reached 92*! I'm thinking (or hoping) that this isn't normal for the first day in June.





Sumner, MO, is my official address for the next few months, so I thought I'd go check out the town on my way to Chilicothe for groceries.

I didn't know that Sumner was the "Wild Goose Capital of the World." I stopped at the community park and was amazed at what I found:

As I gazed toward the sky, there was Maxie looming overhead.

My goodness, that's a big goose! Kind of reminds me of the world's largest sausage that I stopped to see in Canada on the way to Alaska a few years back. :) Then there's the world's largest walleye in Mille Lacs, MN. I'm kind of fascinated by these world's largest things.

I loaded up on groceries, and then headed back to camp. I tried to listen to some tunes outside this evening, but the CD player won't work and just gives me an error reading. I wonder if the mice got to those wires too. I'm formulating a list to take to the dealer in MN when I go up there in July for my oldest son's wedding. Besides the CD player, I want to have the day/night shade by my table restrung, and I'm concerned about the disintigration of the slide toppers.

I'm planning to drive the rig up, and tried to make reservations at Rice Lake State Park for a week. I spent seven summers camp hosting there before I retired. It turns out that all reservable spots are taken for the fourth of July weekend. That's really not a surprise. I guess I'll take my chances of getting a non-reservable site on the Tuesday before the weekend. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see what my chances are.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

1 comment: