.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Have you ever seen algae bloom?

When I got to the visitor's center for work yesterday, I noticed a new color on the pond.


The green algae had suddenly turned a rose color. I'm thinking this is called an algae bloom. I asked Annmarie, the biologist, but she wasn't certain, but thought it probably was.

It certainly was colorful. What a contrast from the greens of the woods.

.

I had 26 folks come into the visitor's center today. That has to be a record number! I even sold several items in the gift shop this weekend. Having people stop sure does help with the boredom. When I compare this to the 200 visitors a day and $1000 in sales I did on Tuesdays at Pea Island NWR, it's sad, but hopefully visitation is on the rise.

.

I'm pretty well organized to head for Chicago tomorrow. I'm hoping to be on the road shortly after seven.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment