.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, July 13, 2009

A late evening visitor

After Emma and I came back into the RV last night, we had a visitor to the campsite.
Apparently, the bird feeders are attracting more than birds.

What a hoot is was to watch this fellow sift through the oil seed hulls looking for some missed goodies.
Since I came back from Minnesota, I've noticed two things. When I take Emma for her last outs, I, and Emma, have been hearing some critter scrambling up the tree with the bird feeders. Then, when I take her on her first outs each morning, the feeder closest to the tree trunk is always empty and the top is strewn on the ground.
.
I guess that mystery is solved! I think this raccoon is a male, because he travels alone. We have also had a female with three young travel through our site several times in the last week.
.
Today, I did the laundry and went to town on a grocery run. While in Chilicothe, I checked in at the local vets to see if there was a dog kennel in the area. They gave me a number to call of a kennel that they highly recommended. I've been thinking of kenneling Emma while I take a trip to visit Robyn, Dennis, and Avery next week. Dennis is not crazy about dogs, and it would sure make the four day trip easier for me. Well, it turns out that there is no room at the inn for Emma. Apparently, people call two months in advance to have their dogs at this kennel, and travel from as far away as St. Louis (that's about 150 miles away) to board them there. So, ditch that plan. :(
.
I think I'll ask Robyn to see if there is a kennel in Dyer, Indiana.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment