.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A long drive, new friends, and coming home.

Well, I got on the road just a bit after seven this morning to begin the long trek back to Swan Lake. I stopped to pick up Emma at the boarding house, and she obviously had a good time there. There was a fenced yard for her to run around in, and she was treated like a queen. As I got her into the car and prepared to leave, Karen, the owner, gave me a hug and thanked me for all I do volunteering at our nation's National Wildlife Refuges. Wow, that was a pleasant surprise!

About a hundred miles down the road, I pulled off at Rantoul to find a campground where the authors of the Myrddin blog I follow were camped. I met Jim and Linda (and Myrddin) and we had a pleasant hour chatting about our respective lives on the road. I couldn't stay long, since I had another 300+ miles to go. It was nice to meet a couple of my cyber-friends. :)

It was around 4:30 when we finally pulled in at Swan Lake, and it was great to get home. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Robyn and Dennis', but it's always good to come home. I refilled the bird feeders and Emma and I spent the evening outside relaxing, playing a game of ball, and just being pleased to be back. She is now passed out on the dashboard, and I'll soon be heading to bed also.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment