.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, July 6, 2009

Record setting hook-up time...

Oh my goodness, the mosquitoes were horrible this morning! I wanted to be on the road by 8:00 this morning for the 389 mile drive back to Swan Lake NWR. I was doing a good job of keeping on schedule and then had to hook up the car to the motorhome. Sorry to say, I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I can't believe the number of mosquitoes that swarmed around me as I began the hook-up! I couldn't use my hands to swat them away because I needed them to do the hooking. If anybody saw me, I'm sure they thought I was doing an Irish jig out there. I got bitten so many times on my arms, legs, and face that I had no problem staying awake behind the wheel for the first two hours! I know that hook-up took under three minutes, which has got to be a record for me. So much for taking time to smell the flowers! It was awful!!!
.
Yesterday, Andy, Kelly, Joseph, and Seth came out to Rice Lake to share a hot dog cookout with me. What fun it was.

Seth (2 1/2) is on the left and Joseph (3 1/2) is on the right. I really enjoyed getting to know them better this week.


Of course, Grandma had to show them how to roast their first ever marshmallows!

.
That's the beauty of grand kids. You can enjoy and spoil them while they're with you, and then when they get cranky, you can turn them back over to their parents. ;)

.
I've promised Joey that he can spend a night with me when I return in September. Kids are always fascinated with my little home on wheels. It should be a fun time.

.
I'm pretty pooped after today's long drive, but I did notice on the way home that the local fresh vegetable farm has tomatoes and sweet corn available. I'll be sure to stop there tomorrow after I get the laundry done.

.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment