.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Sunday Blast from the Past

After I finished my stint as campground host at Lewis and Clark State Park in October of 2006, I headed 100 miles northwest to the Washington coast. I spent an enjoyable week at Ocean City State Park.
It was foggy and rainy much of the time I was there, but that's to be expected. One benefit of all the moisture was the abundance of mushrooms that could be seen.



While I enjoyed taking pictures of the shrooms...

another creature found a more practical use for the fungi.
These slugs appeared to be adorned in camoflauge. They were about five or six inches long. I've never seen such huge slugs!
.
I took many walks along the beach and collected several nice sand dollars.
I encountered this crab on one of my walks.
.
It was a restful week in between assignments, and the last night even produced a beautiful sunset.


Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy











No comments:

Post a Comment