.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, August 3, 2009

Back in business (I think)

Well, along about lunchtime, there was a loud knock on my door. Viola! The UPS lady had arrived and delivered my package of a new power source for the amplifier. I hooked it in, and was pleased to see that the antenna was working. It's been a long week since I've been in contact with the outside world! I now have internet reception and cell phone reception as long as I stay within two inches of the inside antenna. I can deal with that. The first thing I did was get my email and respond to several queries.
.
One of my phone messages was from Kirk and Pam Wood. It turns out they were arriving today to volunteer for two months. I had sent Kirk directions to get here last week, so I thought there would be no problems. However, when I went to Sumner early this morning to cancel my oil change appointment for the motorhome, I noticed that the road to Chilicothe was closed. Of course this was the route I had told the Wood's to take. Well, after an aborted trip to Chilicothe for groceries, I headed for Brookfield, MO, a smaller community, but was able to get what I needed. When I returned, I sent an email to Kirk telling him about the road closure. I was too late; they had already tried to arrive and had to turn around and go back to Chilicothe. Eventually, I was able to get in contact with them and give them another route to the refuge.

This is the view from my rocker on my patio before they arrived.

This is my present view.
.
I actually have someone to talk to for a change. That makes the change in my view acceptable.
.
The temps are on the rise again here, and were in the nineties today. I rolled the awning back in tonight before coming in since there are possible thunderstorms forecast for the middle of the night. I always need to be aware of the possibility of high winds, so I'll sleep better tonight with the awning in.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment