.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Indian Creek COE campground

Well, I finally made it to the Indian Creek COE campground around 11:30 this morning after only 109 miles from Swan Lake NWR. I had planned to drive here on Monday, but thought better of that idea due to the torrential downpours that started during Sunday night. Over seven inches of rain fell on Monday. I was glad I was parked on a cement pad. There was standing water everywhere, and it was a challenge to take Emma for her walks.

.

I pulled out this morning around 8:30, and headed into Sumner to see if I could get the oil changed on the motorhome. I had an appointment for Monday morning, but didn't want to try to drive there in the horrible rain. Bob, the mechanic was glad I hadn't shown up yesterday, since he had to lay on the ground outside the shop to change the oil. That's the nice thing about a small town...they're laid back and go with the flow.

.

When I got to Indian Creek, this is the campsite I chose. It is very roomy with no close neighbors. That's the way I like it! It turns out that I have better internet reception here without the antenna than I have at Swan Lake, and I received an email from my sister that she would be arriving today rather than tomorrow. They pulled in around 6:30, and took the site next to mine. I've paid for four nights and the total is $32.00 with electricity. I'm really thrilled to be reaping the benefits from my senior pass. :) I think, maybe, we'll do some touring in Hannibal tomorrow.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment