.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a storm!

At four this morning, I was rudely awakened by a huge gust of wind that set the motorhome to rocking! Luckily, I had rolled up the awning before dark yesterday since there was a forecast of possible thunder storms. After some time of high winds, the rain, thunder, and lightening arrived. What a downpour there was. Eventually, it subsided to just rain. When I took Emma on her first outs this morning, my bike was tipped over and various objects were scattered around the site.

It rained for a good portion of the morning, so my weekly laundry trip was delayed a bit. Pam and Kirk headed out early to pick up their 12 year old grandson at the Kansas City airport as he was coming for a two week visit.

I am so happy to meet this young man. He has two dogs at his house and is not intimidated by Emma. He just plays with her and really gives her a workout. A twelve year old boy is just what she needs ! It will be nice to have a youngster around for a while.

Not much else is new for today....just hot muggy weather...

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment