.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fisherman's Corner COE Campground, IL

Well, I'm back on the Mighty Mississippi River, again! The wind finally died down enough for me to hit the road out of Indiana Dunes State Park this morning. I did have a large branch on top of the RV, but it fell off as I began my travels this morning.
I hit the road at 10:00, and made it through the Chicago area, and its white knuckle traffic, and pulled into Fisherman's Corner COE campground around 2:30, after about 200 miles.
The campground is located right on the Mississippi River by Lock and Dam #14. All of the sites have electricity, and are only a mile off of I-80. With my America the Beautiful Pass, the cost is $9.00/night. There is road noise from Il-84, but the views of the river are worth it.
.
Early this evening, I took a walk around the campground and found the following...
a turtle sunning himself...
several Killdeer working the shallows for food...
and many squirrels. They are much darker in color than most squirrels, and really kept Emma on her toes this afternoon. They are everywhere.
.
My plans are to head out earlier tomorrow and try to get across most of Iowa.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a forest where you travel and hunt so it's great. Thanks! deals for cheap park and fly

    ReplyDelete