.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, September 21, 2009

A long travel day

I was on the road by 8:45 this morning and headed to Indiana Dunes State Park. I thought it was about 240 miles, but it turned out to be 293 miles...more than I bargained for. I arrived in the Chicago area around 2:30 and white knuckled it through the early rush hour traffic. It was near 4:00 before I finally pulled into the state park.

I spent the next couple of hours slowly setting up camp for the week. I'm pretty wiped out from all the driving today, but I'm thrilled to have everything set up and no trains within spitting distance!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll head for Dyer, IN, to meet my new granddaughter Phoebe, and babysit both girls for a few hours. Emma is enjoying all the sand in our site. She can dig to her hearts content....and then she turns around, starts digging again, and fills up the original hole she made. The texture of sand has always had an unusual effect on her.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment