.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A new toy, new kicks, and a flu shot

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids were supposed to come out to the park late this afternoon for a cookout, so I had the day free. After a good walk with Emma this morning, I headed for Valparaiso, IN, to the closest Best Buy store. My mission today was to purchase a GPS. I chose a Garmin 205W system and installed it in the car in the parking lot. Then I used it to find a store that sold the Saucony walking shoes that I wanted and needed to buy. Turns out that that store no longer carries that brand, so I headed out for Merriville, IN. I didn't find the Sauconies that I wanted there, but did find a couple of Nike Max Air shoes that were to my liking.

On my way back to the campground, I stopped in Chesterton, at the Walgreens and was able to get my annual flu shot for $24.99. The Mayo Clinic hadn't received their supply of flu shots when I was there last week. I also got a good deal on the Jean Nate after bath splash and lotion that I like so well.

Once I got back home, I received a call from Robyn that they would not be able to come out this afternoon. It has been rainy all day, off and on, so that wasn't a surprise to me. We'll hook up again tomorrow. With no visitors coming, I decided to work on getting all the bugs off of the front of the RV. I can't believe how many dead bodies there were on the front of the rig. It took quite a bit of elbow grease, but at least the windows will be clear when I leave next Monday.

Emma and I took a couple of more walks around the campground, and then called it a day. I hope the weather improves for tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment