.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11

That's what today was about. I was at work when this tragedy occurred, and everyone at the school was glued to the television. It was a time of disbelief.

The following weekend, I was camping at Rice Lake State Park, and local communities had suggested a candlelight vigil to honor those souls that were lost. Before dusk, I walked the loop of the campground with a flag in one hand and a candle in the other. I then stood at the end of my site with the flag and candle for an hour to honor those lost. Sadly, though a number of campers walked by, no one joined me, spoke to me, or appeared to understand why I stood there. Such a sad time..........

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment