.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, October 26, 2009

Birdwatcher's RV Park, San Antonio, NM

Well, I haven't been able to post in a few days because of a horrible internet connection (or lack there of). I left Cochiti Lake campground this morning around ten and headed south. By 1:30, I pulled into Birdwatcher's RV Park which is right on the border of Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. I will be visiting friends, John and Diana, who are volunteering on the refuge.

Birdwatcher's RV is basically a gravel parking lot with hook-ups. I stayed here briefly last year on my way through New Mexico. The price is reasonable at $20/night, and it's peaceful, but certainly lacks any ambiance.

After getting everything set up, I headed over to the refuge's visitor's center and found Diana there. After she finished her shift, we went back to her rig and she, John, and I chatted and did some catching up since we last volunteered together last spring. I headed back to my rig to feed and exercise Emma for a while before John and Diana picked me up to go out for dinner. We had a good time and good food.

Tomorrow morning, I'll pick John up and we'll do the wildlife auto loop. We both like to take pictures, so I hope we'll see some sandhill cranes and geese. The challenge for me will be to get to their rig by 7:30. ;)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment