.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A busy day

Since I'll be at this park for a month, I had a number of chores to keep me busy all day today. I had several errands to run in town (Deming), including stops at Walmart, Pepper's Grocery Store, and a hardware store. It had been almost two weeks since I'd bought any groceries, and I wanted to get another thermometer to put on an outside window so I know how cold I am. ;) The last one I had blew off the window when I neglected to take it inside before departing down the road....my bad. I'm experiencing a problem with the new thermometer as it doesn't seem to be adjusting to the falling temps this evening. I'll see what it shows in the morning.

After I got back to the rig, I decided to start washing the windows on the outside so I could put up the thermometer and put up the sun shades on the front of the RV. I don't like to put those shades up until I get most of the bugs from travel off of the windshield. I asked Jack, my neighbor, to help me put up the shades by holding onto and stabilizing my ladder as I attached the shades. He was horrified to find out that I have to put the foot stool on top of the ladder to reach the top snaps. After I finished cleaning the windows, he got out his much taller ladder and installed the shades for me. What a relief! Now I have the extra insulation of the shades for cold temperatures, and since the rig faces south, it will help with the direct rays of the late fall sun.

The temps this coming week are supposed to be in the mid seventies, and with the direct sun on the rig, inside temps can easily rise into the eighties. I don't want to have to turn on the AC since my electric is monitored for the month, so the shades will help a lot. The shades and outside rug also make the rig look more like home. So I've finished setting up for an extended stay, and will finish cleaning the rest of the windows tomorrow. It feels good to be settled for a few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment