.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nebraska!

I finally made it out of Iowa today. After 220 miles on I-80, I set up camp at Fort Kearney State Recreation Area. I chose a spot away from the weekend crowd. There are at least six small lakes at this SRA, but I'm facing the woods with corn fields behind them. There aren't any campers on either side of me, and that's the way I like it. I have electric, but forgot to fill the water tank before setting up. I've got less than 1/3 tank of fresh water, so my water pump is objecting. :( I guess that eliminates a shower tonight.



Most fulltimers carve their plans in jello, and with three days lost to high winds, I've had to make adjustments. I've decided to stay two nights here so I can visit the Fort Kearney State Historical Site tomorrow. I'll definitely have to unhook and go fill the water tank tomorrow. At least now I know where the water spickets are. No one was at the registration kiosk when I pulled in, so I just wandered around and found a site that I liked. (that's when I forgot about needing to fill the water tank) The cost of this site is $17/night.



After setting up, I checked the weather forecast. Although it is not outstanding, I think I'll be alright spending two nights here, and then heading for Colorado. I may end up getting to Daniel's a day later than planned, but my latest thoughts are to stay at the state park close to his condo for a few more days than originally planned....through next weekend. Then I'll head down towards the Colorado Springs area to see all the sights there. I just hope the snow holds off!



Maybe I'll be able to get some pictures tomorrow as I visit the area. A lot of history happened along the Platte River.



Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment