.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, October 4, 2009

No Sunday "Blast" today

It turns out that even with the trucker's antenna, I'm still having some issues with the internet. I was able to load the pictures for today's blast, but blogger wouldn't allow me to move them around, and also doubled up some of them. I don't know whether it is due to my reception or not. At any rate, I'll try to edit it again tomorrow. I think I'll be in a place with better reception then.

Today I visited the Fort Kearney State Historic Park. There is really nothing left of the original fort, but the displays and movie at the visitor's center told of the importance of this fort during the days of the Oregon Trail, in the mid 1800's, when so many migrants made their way west. Today's I-80 follows the route of the Oregon trail, along the Platte River in Nebraska.

This area is having a real cold snap. Temps this morning were in the 30's. That's much colder than I like. ;) It's certainly time for me to continue my migration south!

My plan is to make it to the Colorado border tomorrow. I may even have something of a tail wind. Once I stop for the day, I'll try again to get the normal Sunday post done.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment