.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, October 12, 2009

Pueblo Lake State Park, CO

It was in the upper 20's when I woke up this morning, but that was an improvement over the last few mornings. So, I dumped the tanks, packed up, and headed out of Denver for locations south.
.
After only 115 miles, I pulled into Pueblo Lake State Park. I told you I wanted to take advantage of my Colorado State Parks Pass, so I'll be spending about seven more nights in state parks before exiting Colorado.

This is my site for the next three nights. I want to visit the Royal Gorge while I'm here and the optimal weather seems to be to do that on Wednesday.

This is the view out the window by my table. That's Pueblo Lake. Eventually, the skies cleared this afternoon and temps rose to 47. It's supposed to be back down into the upper 20's again tonight, but then a warming trend is supposed to begin.

.

When I drove into the park I noticed a group of LoW's (Loners on Wheels) camping close to the site I chose. This is a camping club for single folks. While I was setting up the DISH, one of their members stopped over to chat. I ended up joining them for their social hour this afternoon, and got some good info on visiting the Royal Gorge. This was the Colorado chapter of LoW's, and they were out for their October camping get together. The winds and cool temps moved the social hour indoors to one of the rigs. I would guess that all of these singles are in their seventies. It was an enjoyable visit with them.

.

I think I'll explore the park tomorrow and then visit the Royal Gorge on Wednesday. The sites here are pretty spacious, have electricity, and cost $18/night. The pads are paved, and can accomodate large rigs. Looks like a great park, especially if you have a boat.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment