.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A short jog down the road

I was on the road shortly before ten this morning, and was off of the road by about 11:30! I only moved 58 miles down I-25 to Lathrop State Park, outside of Walsenburg, CO. There was some challenging construction along the way, and I didn't find a place to fill the propane tank. According to the weather forecast, I think I'll be alright for the next three nights.

Aside from the issue of the Colorado State Park pass, I've been really impressed with the parks I've stayed in. All of them have had very spacious sites with electricity, and pretty fantastic views. They have also been very large and offer many things for visitors to do. Emma and I took a ride through the park this afternoon, but pictures would be better if the tour is done in the morning. I'll be here at Lathrop for at least three nights, and use this park as a base for using the car to visit places in the area.

Tomorrow, I'll head out to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. The last time I was there was in the late sixties, so I need to visit it again. I also plan to visit a couple of National Wildlife Refuges a little west of here. I hope the weatherman knows what he is talking about. :)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment