.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, October 30, 2009

A short move

The person in site #17 left the park early, so I was able to move about 150 yards to the site I'll occupy for the next month by 10:00. It was pretty chilly out, so I took my time getting everything set up.

If you are a member of LoW's, the cost is $155/month plus electricity. The electricity is $0.10/KWH. I'm not exactly sure what that means, so I'll be monitoring my electric for a day or so to see how much that will cost. Then I'll decide whether to continue use of the electric heaters, or mainly rely on the propane furnace. There's not much room between sites, but it's better than some places I've been. It's a big difference from camping at a COE park or a state park, but I want to see how I feel about staying in an RV park for an extended amount of time.

.

I think I've got the biggest tree in the park at the front of my site. This afternoon, I set up a bird feeder under it and a water tray. There's a group of 12 Gambel's Quail in the area that I hope will visit the water station. I've also seen a rather tame roadrunner hanging around. I'll watch to see what visitors I have.

The view out my front windows is of the Florida Mountains. I will visit these mountains during my stay here.
There is some pretty nice landscaping in the park...like this cacti garden.


This is the International Headquarters of LoW, and also the location of the laundry room and recreation hall. I took advantage of using the laundry room today. It was much needed.

.

Tomorrow I'll head to town to find a grocery store and maybe do a little exploring. I've got everything set up except the trucker's antenna and amplifier for my internet reception. As you can see, I was able to upload pictures tonight, but I'm hoping the antenna will allow me to do this in under a half hour. We'll see.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment