.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, November 2, 2009

Ah...Choooooo

Dang! Ever since I've been in New Mexico, I've been sneezing up a storm. This morning when I woke up, I sat up in bed and the sneezing began. I really don't have any allergies that I know of, so this is a real challenge for me. It doesn't matter if I'm outside or inside, the tickle in my nose just doesn't want to go away. Hmmmm....

Here's a little more on the saga of the new outside thermometer. After suctioning it to the window, I noticed that the temperature never changed even though the sun set and it was obviously much cooler outside. Yesterday, I took it back to the hardware store where I bought it and asked to try out a different one. I put the new one in the direct sun....nothing. Then I asked them to put it in the frig at the store. The young girl put it in the freezer on top of the ice cubes....nothing, no change on the thermometer. Okey Dokey...give me a refund.

Today, I went to Walmart and bought a digital indoor/outdoor thermometer. The wrapper said I would need a couple of AAA batteries, so I bought some. When I got back to the rig, and started to set this thermometer up, it turned out I also needed three AA batteries to get it started. Of course, I only had two AA batteries. Grrrrrr... I ended up taking a battery out of a flashlight and using that so eventually I got everything working. Sometimes I get a little tired of these minor bumps along the road. ;)

I also calculated today, that I'm using between $2.00-$3.00/day in electricity. I can live with that. I remember an Escapees park I stopped in a few years back that had metered electricity and it cost me $16 for two days. That was the last time I've had metered electric, and it really had me worried about the cost of staying here. I'm relieved that I'll be able to afford to keep as warm as I like.

We had a potluck dinner tonight in the park. There was plenty of food and about 30 people in attendance. Potlucks are scheduled every Monday night, and I'm sure I'll participate in all of them. Cooking for one every day gets boring, so I welcome attending potlucks, and enjoy the variety of foods and the conversation. It sure beats talking to the television. :)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment