.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Sunday Blast from the Past

After last week's "Blast" about Antelope Canyon, I finally got to take a boat tour of Lake Powell the next day.
The reason, of course, that Lake Powell exists is because of the Glen Canyon Dam.
Approaching the dam is the Colorado River.

Lake Powell is huge, covers territory in Arizona and Utah, and is more than 500' deep in some places.

The water has filled many canyons and the views are fantastic.


The staining that runs down from the tops of the sandstone cliffs are called Navajo _______, I just can't remember what. Maybe one of you reader's can refresh my memory.


The three hour boat tour went into several of the multitude of side canyons on the lake. For me, it was a very enjoyable tour and well worth the money.

Next week will cover my time in Zion National Park. See you then.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment