.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Sunday Blast from the Past

It's a short trip from Zion National Park to Bryce Canyon National Park. I checked in at Ruby's Inn Campground, and prepared to tour Bryce the next morning.
I left early in the morning to avoid all of the crowds.

It was an uphill drive all the way to Rainbow Point, but what scenery along the way.

The air is certainly a lot thinner at this altitude. :)

The hoodoos of Bryce are some of the most spectacular natural formations I have ever seen!
This raven was at one of the overlooks. He would wait until folks got out of their cars, and then he'd glide down to pick the bugs off of the front of the vehicles. How's that for learned behavior? Since it was May, there were plenty of bugs stuck to the front of the cars and trucks.
Of course, I took tons of pictures of this magnificent national park, so it was hard to choose just a few for today's "blast."


In my opinion, Bryce Canyon National Park only ranks behind the Grand Canyon National Park as the most awesome national park that I have visited. Yellowstone would probably be a close third for me. Your opinion may vary. ;)
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

1 comment:

  1. This is such a nice Sunday post that encourages me to travel on Sunday and I would love to visit beautiful places. affordable jfk parking deals

    ReplyDelete