.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pack up, move 100', and unpack

Light rain continued throughout last night, but it stopped pretty early in the morning. That was a good thing, since the fire crew showed up to move the vacant trailer off of the paved pad so I could move over. With all this rain, the fire crew wouldn't be burning any of the marsh for a few days. They do prescribed burns at this time of the year to renew the marshlands and keep woody growth under control.

It took four burly men over three hours to move that trailer. I'm not sure why it took so long. They did do a cleanup of the inside, but really....three hours? It took me less than an hour to pack up, move, and unpack. Guess you had better call me Wonder Woman! :)

Because of all the rain and cooler temps, (the rain doesn't have a chance to evaporate) the area in front of the paved pad was pretty soft. At one point when I was backing into the site, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Those rear dual tires began to sink into the mush. Luckily, I was able to get it going after gunning it. Gunning this rig in reverse is not something I like doing, but it worked; I got the rear up onto the cement and it was smooth sailing (literally) after that. I avoided going into the ditch beside the pavement, but there's an awful lot of clay and mud coating all of the tires.

The winds were blowing all day out of the south around 25mph. That brought the temps up into the seventies, and with the near 100% humidity, I was sweating bullets as I got the rig set up once again. Needless to say, with the heavy morning fog and rain, we did not do the bird survey today. It's supposed to be sunny for the next two days, so I'll be out and about looking for my feathered friends.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment