.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

After a brief interlude with the sun on Saturday, the rain has returned and deepened the quagmire outside my door. So far, the empty trailer across from me has not been moved, but I remain hopeful that I'll be able to move to pavement sometime this week.

It turns out that the vehicle that I was assigned was the wrong one. I've kind of enjoyed using it since it was a law enforcement vehicle, and folks tend to slow down and behave on the roads when I drive behind them. :) But it looks like I'll have to trade it in tomorrow for a probably more beat up vehicle. That's OK with me since all kinds of warning lights have been flashing on the dashboard and the speedometer shows that, almost immediately upon moving, I'm traveling at 100 mph! Ha! Anybody that knows me knows that 100 mph is way faster than I'd ever drive.

After doing my laundry this morning in the community building, I headed for the refuge office in Anahuac to pick up my mail and two Netflix DVDs. While I was there, I met with Stephanie and she loaded me up with plenty of educational program info for me to work on. I'll be able to work on developing the programs from home. I can certainly live with that! Sure beats sitting in a stuffy office some where.

If the rain lets up tomorrow morning, I'll accompany Colin on his salinity rounds to learn the ropes. I picked out a pair of hip boots this morning, so I'm prepared for sloshing around in the marsh. He'll be leaving next week, and I'll take over that chore. We'll also do the bird survey routes so I can learn the locations. That's about it for today...

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment