.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sad news

When I checked my email last night, there was a message from my older brother that my mother had a slight stroke overnight. As soon as I read it, I called him to get further details. He said the staff at the nursing home felt they could take care of her and that moving her to a hospital at her age could be more harmful than helpful. He planned to visit her today and said he would email a report on her condition.

I just read his email. At this point, my mother cannot speak and has no use of any part of the right side of her body. My brother said that it looked like she wanted to tell him something, but couldn't.

When I visited her in September, I blogged that I had found out that she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Now, a stroke. She is 92 years old and has had a good life, all in all. It is hard for me to deal with her declining. I am just very sad tonight. :(

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are sad tonight. This is one those few times where being away from family and being alone is just yucky. Wishing you the best....
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that Judy. I hope she is kept comfortable, but it must be so frustrating to her if she wants to say something and can't. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Jim and Linda

    ReplyDelete