.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A ho-hum day in the VIS

It was rainy, cold, and windy all day so it was no surprise that few people came to visit the refuge.  I only had seven people stop in and had no sales.  I couldn't even persuade people to have a cup of the free coffee.

About the only good news came while I spoke to one of the ranchers in the area.  He has been very busy still cleaning up debris from the hurricane in his fields that border the refuge.  The other day he noticed that the vermilion flycatcher had shown up near where he was working.  I was afraid that the bird had succumbed to the frigid temperatures, but it appears that he just moved a couple miles down the road.

All of this miserable weather is supposed to move out over night, so I'm hoping to have a good day for the salinity tests and bird surveys tomorrow.  I'm fixing tacos tonight, so I'd better get busy.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment