.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Frost on the windshield this morning

It was a chilly 27* when I took Emma out this morning.  It's a good thing I left the water trickling over night in the kitchen sink, or else I probably would have had a frozen hose and no water.  Just before nine, I headed for headquarters to see if Rob had anything for me to do.  I stopped on the way at the fire crew office to pick up their laminator.  Last year, I was the laminating queen as we got everything ready for the education programs.  I'll be teaching the teachers next week, so I wanted to have everything ready for the class I'll lead on banding birds.  Rob did have a few other things he wanted laminated, so that pretty much took up the morning.

I spent the afternoon calling Texas DOT traveler's centers to see if they'd be interested in putting out some pamphlets that we have about birds.  I only needed to get in touch with about half of the centers on the list to find takers for the 1750 extra pamphlets we have available to give away.  I'll pack them up for Fed-Ex tomorrow, and then I'm going to head for the hills!  A day and a half of office work is about my limit.  Those birds are calling me.  :)

Each night I keep hoping there is going to be a spectacular sunset here.  So far, I've been disappointed.  Quite often the sunset looks promising, but as the sun goes down, the clouds dissipate, and it's not anything worth taking a picture of.  I do love gorgeous sunsets, so I'm hoping tonight is the night.  I've got about twenty minutes to wait.....I'll let you know.


These clouds almost reminded me of fireworks spiraling into the sky.


I had to walk over to the other volunteers sites to get these shots since my site is pretty well surrounded by trees to the west.  If you look very closely at the top of the picture from the middle to the left, you may be able to pick out a flock of about 150 birds in the sky heading toward the sunset.  They just look like dots in the sky, and I don't know what they are since I didn't notice them until I uploaded this photo.


One last shot before Emma and I headed back to the rig.  Although this sunset wasn't spectacular, I'm happy to at least see something besides solid overcast.  :)

For my woman readers:  As I sat outside Sunday afternoon in my rocker enjoying the sun, it was warm enough for me to put on a pair of shorts.  Ugh!  Not only were my legs lily white, but I had obviously neglected to shave my legs for some time.  :(  Added warmth for the cold winter????  I decided to remedy that situation last night.  I got out my electric shaver and buzzed away.  When I went to clean out the blades over the kitchen garbage can with that little brush, the whole contraption seemed to explode in my hand with various pieces falling into my almost full bag of garbage.  What's up with that?  After all, I've only had this shaver for 22 years!  I'm thinking shoddy workmanship for sure!  I decided I wasn't going to go dumpster diving for parts, so I guess I'll just have to replace it.  Perhaps, like my new computer, they've made technical advancements in the last 22 years.  Maybe now all I'll have to do is point it at my legs and the hairs will fly off!  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. I still use a Venus razor, but not often and definitely not in the winter! Maybe I'd do it more often if I had an electric. Let us know what kind you get, and how you like it.

    ReplyDelete