.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Expressing dissatisfaction

I just wanted to call this post a gripe session, but after looking up the word in the dictionary it didn't quite fit.  One of the definitions of gripe is to give pain to the bowels.  :(  I'm not sure that's exactly what I wanted to do.  I always thought it meant to complain, but apparently not.  So, I'll just express my dissatisfaction with a few things today:
  1. the gas grill.  Last  year, I bought a new gas grill since it took hours to cook anything on the one I had.  The new one usually worked good, but there was one instance where it took an hour to grill a few hamburgers.  I set the grill up today with the intention of cooking a couple of chicken thighs.  After twenty minutes, the grill had only warmed up to 150* set on high.  Grrr...here we go again!  Upon ignition, the flame is good, but within seconds it goes down to barely nothing.  Why is that?  I gave up and fried the thighs inside.  :(
  2. throw rugs.  When I first got this rig, I bought a set of throw rugs from Camping World.  The set included an eight foot runner for the hallway, two other rectangular rugs and two rugs for the entrance steps.  After five years, they were worn out.  I bought what I thought was a replacement set at an RV shop outside of Houston.  Camping World no longer carried them.  The eight foot runner is now barely five feet, and the other two rugs are much smaller.  The new set didn't include any step rugs.  I bought those separately, and they are half the size of the former step rugs.  The prices of the two sets were about the same.  Grrr....I'd be willing to pay a little more since it's been five years to get the same thing, but I don't have that option!
  3. growing older.  Mostly I enjoy being the age I am, but I sure wish there was a way to make arthritis go away.  I had a real struggle with my hands today trying to install the new rugs on the entrance steps.  Ouch!!!  I would like to express dissatisfaction with my diminishing physical abilities.  Why can't my body do what my mind thinks it should?
  4. shoes.  Okay, this is more of an Andy Rooney type of observation than a complaint.  How many people do you know that walk around with only one shoe on?  Over the past 62 years, I have never met anyone walking around with only one shoe on.  So, where are these people?  They have to be somewhere.  Just think about all the times you have seen one shoe laying in the middle of the road.  On the way to the grocery store today, I saw another lone hiking boot laying in the road.  Where is it's mate?  Does this only happen in the USA?  Are there lone shoes littering the highways of Europe?  I've always wondered why there's never a pair.  Hmmm....
I've had a few other frustrations today that I won't go into, but I also had a real treat.

The strawberries at the grocery store looked just delicious, and they were!  I've been enjoying their sweetness all day...

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. I sure can relate to the one about growing older and arthritis in the hands. There are so many things I just can't do anymore - It's discouraging and I'm worried how much worse it will get.

    ReplyDelete