.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taking care of business

Well, I learned the last three days that I really miss the internet when I don’t have access to it.  The wifi in the park has been down quite a bit this month.  Apparently a lightning strike on the DSL server has played havoc on service for almost two weeks.  I’m hoping, the problem is finally fixed.

I headed out before 8:00 this morning for a trip to Idaho Falls to accomplish a variety of chores.  I wanted to look at printers at Best Buy to start with.  I occasionally have found that it would be nice if I had one.  Getting my old camera fixed is a good example.  I can send it in to Canon for repairs, but I need a printed copy of the repair order so I can do that.  Hard to do when you don’t have a printer.  :(  After looking things over, I decided I just couldn’t afford it at this time.  Maybe later in the year.

There was a Sear’s store across the street from Best Buy, and I noticed that there was an auto service area, so I took the Focus in for a much needed oil change.  For some reason, I got a $10 discount, so it only cost me $20 to get that done.  :)  Last night, I had a real craving for some home made French fries, but I don’t have a deep fryer in the rig.  When I signed up for the oil change, I was given a $5 coupon good for anything I might buy at Sears (only good for today). So while I was waiting, I decided I really couldn’t live without a small FryDaddy deep fryer any longer.  :)  Yep, I bought one.  French fries tonight!

After stopping for groceries, I called Universal RV in Minnesota since I had cell phone reception for a change.  I still haven’t received license plates or a title for the rig that I bought almost two months ago!  As usual, I was put on hold several times, and then told I couldn’t speak to the person I wanted, but could leave a message.  Ugh!!  It’s so frustrating to deal with these dealerships long distance!  If you are not there to bug them daily, you just get put on a back burner.  I’m not a happy camper about that.

As I headed for home, I stopped at Smith RV to set up an appointment for taking the rig in on August 9, when I leave Red Rock.  Yesterday, my Splendide washer/dryer went berserk on me.  I got out the book to troubleshoot the problem, and after doing what it suggested, it still wouldn’t work.  So, I need to take it in for that, and also another issue with the surround sound speaker system.  There’s always something.  :(
IMG_2752The wind has really been blowing very strongly today, and the view of the valley around the campground is really hazy.  With the windows open in the rig, the dust is just blowing in.  Everything was getting pretty gritty, so I shut the windows.  :(
IMG_2770 IMG_2773
After being cooped up all day, Emma was ready for a good walk, so out we went.  The wildflowers have had a great year because of all the rain this spring, but as new varieties appear, some have passed their peak.
IMG_2774 IMG_2775
Looks to me like these past prime blooms are having a bad hair day.  :)

One of the things I needed to pick up at the grocery store today was apple cider vinegar.  My neighbors, Jim, Jackie, and June, are gone for a week to take a trip up to Glacier NP, and I am watching over their rig while they are gone.  When they left, they gave me a bag of Jim’s special buttermilk pancake mix.  They also gave me a quart of buttermilk to make them, but I needed the vinegar to follow the recipe.  I also picked up a pint of fresh blueberries, so tomorrow morning it will be blueberry buttermilk pancakes for breakfast!  :)

Thanks for stopping by….talk to you later,  Judy

11 comments:

  1. We keep a small printer with us and have found it to be very useful. I've been printing out Rick's blog posts on Picasa and so forth.

    Your pics of the flowers are terrific. Who says an artistic pic has to be one with a flower in it's full splendor? Great stuff, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was a little closer I'd drop by for breakfast! And then maybe stay for lunch and french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, when your not looking for something is when you will find it,a couple months ago I was in Walmart and the had an end cap with printers, $39.99, these were Canon Model MP250 which is a small, all in one, printer copier/scanner. They are small enough to put in a cubhoard and do all you want.I bought one with the trailer in mind. You might get lucky on your travels as there are a lot of Walmarts out there. and the price was right, I also scanned some pictures with it and the resoultion was better than an expensive UMAX scanner I have that is about 10 years old. Hope you and Emma are doing fine, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and pics, Judy. I am Cookiequeen from "George and Sandy's Great Adventure".

    Say next time you are in a Walmart, they have a HP Deskjet D1660 printer for $29. We bought the earlier version (D1520). Very compact and for what little printing we do as RVers, it stores quite easily and works great.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pics!!! I can't live without homemade french fries. We always carry a small dutch oven and I cook them outside on the propane stove. I make my fries thin and crispy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics are just beautiful. I especially love the one of the fence and mountains in the background. I love the misty look of that one. Very nice!!
    We brought our printer with us when we began full-timing. It is a little larger than I would like but it is already paid for. :)
    Glad you got your Fry Daddy...now french fries whenever you want them.

    Take care!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, if you go back over Red Rock Pass, you can give Red Rock Creek a try - it has grayling in it. Really. We were told about it when we were there a couple summers ago, and Don caught (and released) two when he tried. There's also a little creek up off of Targhee Pass - the north side of it - there's a FS road to get to it - it has little rainbows and brookies in it. You'll need a shorter pole than normal. Don uses his 4-footer there. Those are two of our favorite spots for fly fishing when we stay at Henry's Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the moment we have three full size printers. One doesn't work well, one is a fax machine , and one is great for pictures, which we almost never print. As far as I'm concerned all three will GO!

    Craig is in charge of all things technical, but I do know I want to have one small printer onboard.

    I have asked for a good laptop for Christmas. We have two full desktop systems, but I'm think "future."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Pictures! We have carried a printer since day one and would not want to be without one.

    Good luck with the RV service. It seems that this is always an unpleasant experience, it really should not be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to follow all the ins and outs of daily life.It gives me an idea of what to expect, and the pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete