.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So-long Mississippi!

I think taking an extra day on the refuge before I head out was a good idea.  Not only were there high winds today, but I could take my time getting all my pack up chores done.  All I have to do tomorrow morning is pull in the slides, pull up the levelers, and detach the electrical cord.  When you’ve been some place for three months, there’s a lot of packing and organizing to do.

57 MS Sandhill Crane NWR43

It also gave me some time to review my stay here at Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR.  At times, it seemed like I didn’t do a whole lot here.

57 MS Sandhill Crane NWR44

But while composing these collages, it gave me a chance to reflect on all the experiences I’ve had.  As usual, there wasn’t enough time to do everything I wanted to do.

59 Fountainblue2

I guess it’s a good thing I’ll be returning again next year.  I know by then that I’ll be missing the tasty gulf shrimp!  Winking smile

58 Escatawpa Trail5

I’ll be heading out tomorrow for Scott, LA.  Can’t remember if I’d mentioned that I’ll be returning to Thibodaux's Premiere RV to have solar shades installed on the rig.  I also have a few other minor maintenance things to have done on the rig.  It’s a journey of about 215 miles to get there.  I’m hoping to get there by early afternoon so the measuring can be done for the shades.  They then have to be ordered since they’re custom made.  I’ll probably be staying at the repair shop for about a week.   I have several places to tour in mind while I’m waiting.  When I was there in January for the frig installation, I got sick, so I couldn’t visit all the places I wanted to.

 

I was busy enough today with all the preparations that I hope I’ll sleep well tonight.  The night before a move is generally a pretty restless one for me.  Among the normal chores, I boiled up a half dozen eggs for traveling, and got a shovel to fill in Emma’s tunnel to China.  Now the site looks as least as good as it did when I arrived.  My neck is behaving itself, and the winds are supposed to lessen by morning.  I’m keeping my eye on the sky, however, and will only travel if I’m comfortable with the forecast.

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

17 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip. Sorry we couldn't get together. I left the RV lot today, but I am still in Florida. Nice assortment of pictures of your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! ! can't believe it's been three months! Time flies!

    I love the collages andseeing some of those great photos, again!

    Steer clear of the idjits en route!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL Collages!! I will be watching as you get those new shades & move on down the road! Be safe & keep your eyes & ears open to the sky as you travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. time sure flew by for those of us reading along!..safe travels to you both tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe it has been three months. You are such a good blogger and photographer that it seems like I've been there too! Of course without the mosquito bites to scratch!

    Safe travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels, Judy. Hope you can enjoy LA this time around. Maybe in a weeks time, the weather will settle down in the midsection of USA and you will have perfect traveling weather heading north. Enjoyed going down memory lane with you. Give Emma a big hug from us. Hope to see you sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you just got there! We enjoyed your adventures there. Good luck in your travels and continue to have fun. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific collages, Judy. Safe travels on your trip and watch out for any storms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure am looking forward to our next stop - even if it is a repair place. Travel safe. Have really enjoyed these last three months with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collages, Judy. Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recap in pics ... drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your the collage Lady, hope you have a great trip and then get some well deserved down time to explore. Be safe out there and give Emma a pet from us.Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a safe trip and watch out for those tornadoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing all the photo's again in collage form!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your collages are outstanding. All of them put together like that sure tell a very interesting story. Please be careful, this is our bad weather season in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You haven't told us how you like your new residential fridge? Is it performing better than the regular RV one? I read you every day, but maybe I missed it.
    As always, lovely pictures. Thanks.
    Have a great time in LA.
    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete