.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, August 8, 2011

Brown and Brown RV Repair

Well, this morning was the time for me to pack up and drive the 30 miles or so into Illinois to get the RV repaired. I was assured numerous times that I would only need to stay over one night. Yea, right! I’m afraid I’ve become rather skeptical about those time quotes. It has taken two months for the parts to come in, so I thought just maybe they might be right.




The first thing I did after leaving Pioneer Campground was to fill up with gas. I had figured that I’d used up about $200 in fuel running the generator because of the power outages over the last two months. It was a pretty good estimate since I put in $236 in gas. That’s one of the reasons I’m not in a big rush for Dean to put in the electric meter. I’ve already spent more than that in fuel.



I pulled into the repair lot a little before 10:00, and they took the rig into the shop a short time later. That meant Emma and I sat outside for about three and a half hours before they put the rig back by the electric hookup in the parking lot.







It was a pretty hot and humid day, so Emma’s tongue was really hanging out. She did her best though to be the official greeter to anyone of the many, many folks bringing their rigs or cars in for service. The staff finally came out with a bowl of cool water for her, which she appreciated. No one, however, asked me if I’d like a glass of water. Go figure. Guess my face wasn’t red enough. After a while, I asked to go to the rig to get some lunch and water for myself, and I was allowed back into the repair building. It was 86* inside of the rig with no air movement, so I didn’t stay for long.







After they moved the rig out into the parking area, I notice that they had taken off the broken awning, but hadn’t installed the new one. Seems they needed some additional parts to do that. Guess what? My one night stay has now turned into two or three while the part comes in. I was not really surprised. They said I was welcome to move over to Kankakee State Park to wait, but I think I’ll just stay here. I did not bring the toad with me, and I think my presence may help remind them that I’m waiting to get out of here.(out of sight, out of mind?) I’ve got 50 amps, and I’m getting rather experienced at staying in repair parking lots. Can’t promise any exciting pictures, though, for the next few days… Torrential rains began about an hour or so ago, and it looks like they’ll be around for quite a few more hours. I guess I’ll just settle in for an evening of computer stuff.



Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later, Judy

PS: I included two pictures in tonight's post, but I haven't been able to post through Live Writer.  I'm going to give it a whirl with blogger and see what happens.

17 comments:

  1. Do ya feel like you're caught up in a lousy cycle of repair => wait => repair => travel => wait = repair => wait => repair => travel? And yes, travel is purposely few and far between! You seem to deal with it all so well. I think you deserve a "Patient Person on Wheels" award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another less than efficient repair place. Each one of these stories I read just makes me happier with my dealer.

    I guess you needed to let your tongue hang out to be offered water-gee, what a place.

    Hope you get out of there soon with a good repair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, Judy, Judy,

    Jack always goes into repair shop waiting rooms with me. I did it all through my trip out west - had brakes done and three or four oil changes, and I do it at the dodge dealer, here, when I get the oil changed. No one has ever complained and I never thought to ask. I have water and a bowl with me wherever I go.

    He says take Emma in with you; if the little foo foo dogs can go places, he can, too! In fact, even if they can't--bring her, anyway--just do it with authority and unapologetically. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have been an understanding dog owner among the staff to bring that bowl of water out. Maybe the repair facility folks are just not too people oriented. Yay for the dog guy:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear somebody thought of Emma, Rigg's drinks a ton of water so I would have had his bowl and found the nearest spigot. Hope your parts are timely in arriving, It never ceases to amaze me how RV dealers never get it right the first time. Most other business's know their product well enough to have the right parts ordered.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't they have an inside waiting room? I would think they would allow dogs in there. I know our repair facility welcomes pets. I sure hope they get on the ball so you don't have to hang out there too long. It's not fun. We've gotten so that we ignore the rules and wait inside the Motor home that is plugged in and the a/c running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't have too long a wait for the repairs.

    I love the lilypad bloom in your header pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you don't have to stay there too long and I agree with everybody else, go inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never asked about taking our dog in I just do it... I figure if they don't want her there they'll say something. They never do... as far as how long it takes when we go into a dealer to be fixed we already have it in mind that we'll be done when we get done... LOL
    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've decided that RV repair shops are not very good about estimating the amount of time it is going to take them to get something done. They keep inserting other rigs and other people while working on ours. Drives me crazy. And we, too, don't ask. The girls go in with us. Period. Helps to prod them along a little bit with our two mouthy mutts greeting everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great header pic! Sure hope those parts come in quick as hanging around an RV repair facility in that kind of heat isn't my idea of fun. At least you can crank up the A/C on their power.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you won't be parked in their 'campsite' for too long!..but at least you can 'suck all the 50 amp you want'!!!..good luck! and try and stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Repairs seem to be part of the RV life. I agree with the others. Take Emma in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes! Hang in there, Judy & Emma...we're holding you in our thoughts and hoping this is the LAST repair for a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not fond of dogs and even I say take her in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. www.fifthwheelrvsalessalem.com

    Pre Owned Fifth Wheel RV Sales in Salem | Als Trailers

    Al's Trailers is one of the best pre owned RV dealers in Salem, Oregon. Visit our website for more range of Fifth wheel RV collections and many more brands.

    ReplyDelete
  17. https://www.i5rv.com/employment
    job openings in RV industry with i5Rv| RV sale and services
    i5RV hiring for RV sales with best salary package. Get your RV sales job with you driving skills, computer knowledge. Excellent career opportunity with i5RV.

    ReplyDelete