.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, January 22, 2016

Here it is, Friday again

Seems like I’ve become a once or twice a week blogger since I’ve arrived at my winter home base.  It’s been a transition time for me after nine and a half years of volunteering at various wildlife refuges.  It’s not as exciting, but I’ve reached a stage in my life where I’m enjoying not having the commitments to deal with. 

It takes a village to raise a child

            Tonight’s pics are the rest of the ‘closeup’ photos I took to the Photo Bug meeting this morning.

There’s an Annual Meeting of the park members coming up soon, and I’ve made sure to go to all the meetings of the candidates running for the Board of Directors.  It’s pretty calm compared to the upcoming national elections, but there’s definitely one candidate I won’t vote for… a little too swell-headed for my tastes. 

I also went to a Budget and Ballot Issues forum this week.  I needed further clarification on one of the issues before voting.  It concerned what happens to your rig and belongings if, as a member, you die.  The proposal is to allow the heirs 28 days to remove all belongings from the site.  I believe it now stands at seven days, and I just can’t imagine my kids being able to take care of things in that short amount of time should that happen to me.  I will vote yes on that proposal.  Right now, I could add one of them as a member so they would have unlimited time to remove belongings as long as they paid the monthly maintenance fee, but the rule is a second member has to be at least 45 years old.  Guess I’ll have to hang on a few more years before I can do that.  Disappointed smile

IMG_2606

                                        Wasn’t really happy with this closeup, but it is what it is.

On Wednesday, Sue and Mo and pipsqueak Mattie came for a visit.  We had an excellent visit, and Emma and Mattie pretty much wore each other out.  I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures, but I didn’t.  At one point, Sue asked me something along the lines of whether I was content with not volunteering.  Without hesitation, I immediately answered yes.  My response kind of took me by surprise, but it’s true.  I guess I’ll just see what happens in the future.

IMG_2598

                 Ha ha!  This pic kind of took the group by surprise.  You know who is the smiling model.

The theme for the next Photo Bugs meeting is ‘humor’.  I don’t know what I’m going to do with that, but for sure I’m thinking I can certainly come up with something for “The End” of my group of photos.

IMG_7913

I hope a good many of you enjoy your time at the Blogger Fest tomorrow in Quartzite.  I won’t be making it there this year.  I think I’ll go down to the range and practice shooting for a while.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

24 comments:

  1. Judy I love your close ups, but the last one is outrageously amazing.
    I saw pictures of the visit over at Sue's FB or maybe it was her blog but the pups seemed to be having quite a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this keeps up, you are going to be getting a gun safe soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 7 days seems a really short time to do anything. It takes that long to get everyone together to have the funeral, etc. Hope the 28 day proposal passes.

    I think your close up photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are all wonderful..I lean toward the Hawk, if that's what it is..You know me, I've been out of sinc with my sensei for too long..Love it that you are becoming Annie Oakley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plans changed too, so I guess I won't be missing you since you're not going either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know the 7day limit. That is way to quick. Most families can barely take care of the funeral and other legal concerns in that time. I sure hope they will increase the time limit. What happens if they don't tell the office that the member has passed? If a member is in temporary hospital or rehab care, how does the office know when they die if the fees are paid?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your relief at not having to worry about volunteering - at least for now. I've been offered a position at the library (which I assume is paid), but one of the days involves 6 hrs and I don't think I could handle 6 hrs straight. At least you have some independence with volunteering. I agree with the commenter who predicts you will eventually need a gun safe as your interest grows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite is Emma... she could be the poster in any dentist office ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could post your kid's age in dog years. That should qualify them, right? ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny, after teaching Kimdergarten for 34 years, I just know I would be miserable after retirement...not the case. The nice thing about volunteering is being able to do just that...whenever and wherever you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even 28 days might be hard for some families especially if they live far away. With the 7 days no wonder they say that finding a motor home really cheap sometimes happens after a death. I enjoyed all your photos..especially that hawk...his eyes are something else! Sounds like you are settling in well here:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Emma and Emmi were relatives in previous lives--Emmi's teeth look just like that! Love all the close ups, but especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love the pics, Emma smiling is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pics are great... too bad you didn't know a little ahead of time that toothy smile of that puppy dog of yours would have been a great one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emma's picture made me laugh. She's too cute and I bet she'd give you a high five over not volunteering. She must love having you around more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emma's picture made me laugh. She's too cute and I bet she'd give you a high five over not volunteering. She must love having you around more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the close up shots. Bet that camera group is fun to be with. Seems like this location has enough stuff to keep you busy, maybe you won't need to travel as much. Seven days is impossibly impossible for the families of most people I'd guess...especially if the death was sudden. Glad it has a chance of getting approved for a longer period.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've read your blog, that's very nice , please visit here -
    http://www.kokthai.com

    The demand of online ticket booking agencies is growing and with time there are many such services seen coming up in the market. 澳門酒店門票船票套票 is always important to book services that are associated in this business for years. The best of Macau Local Tour Guides Limo Bus Rentals services providers can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  19. play bazaar Quit smoking, you've heard it from your family and friends for many years but you neglect to truly listen to them. If you have family and friends that you love then you should take the advice from this article seriously so that you can stay on this planet for years to come.satta king

    ReplyDelete